Advantage of Private Lessons Individual private lessons are simply the most effective method for students to improve their subject knowledge and to increase their test scores significantly. (Click to learn more).
Standardized Tests Do you need to improve your standardized test scores? With our professional guidance you will learn how to master each topic and how to select the correct strategy for each section of the exam - greatly improving your chances of success. (Click to learn more).
Dr. Donnelly specializes in providing the finest quality individual private tutoring and standardized test preparation available here in Manhattan or online via Skype. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning private lessons with Dr. Donnelly and Tutors of Oxford. Please click on the appropriate link below:
- Are lessons available online via Skype?
- What are your qualifications and teaching experience?
- Which standardized tests do you tutor students for?
- How do I select the best private tutor?
- What are the advantages of one-on-one lessons?
- How do I arrange my first private lesson?
- What are your rates?
- Are discounts available?
- Where do lessons take place?
- What is the typical lesson duration and frequency?
- Do you have any testimonials from your students?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What is your refund policy?
- Are group classes available?
- Are intensive courses available?
- What is your teaching philosophy and methodology?
- Do you set homework at the end of each lesson?
- By how much can I expect to improve my scores?
- Is there any obligation to me after trying the initial lesson?
- Do you provide free initial consultations?
Yes. Private lessons with Dr. Donnelly are available either online via Skype or in-person at our Manhattan office located at 1460 Broadway, Suite 15017. Dr. Donnelly considers Skype to be an excellent teaching tool and he currently has online students who live in California, Nebraska, Hong Kong, Qatar, England, and Brazil. All teaching materials and homework are emailed to each student before the beginning of each class and lesson fees can be made conveniently over the phone via all major credit cards.
This depends upon a number of factors including:
- the frequency and duration of the private lessons taken,
- the current academic level of the student,
- how much time and effort you are willing to put into your studies (and homework assignments).
If you are willing to work hard you can rest assured that with Dr. Donnelly's expert guidance, you will maximize your chances of performing at your very best to achieve a significant improvement in your test scores.
Absolutely not. The student is under no obligation to sign up for further classes if he or she does not wish to do so, (although I find that the vast majority of my new students are very keen to reserve their regular time-slot after their initial lesson).
Since Dr. Donnelly's schedule tends to fill up rather quickly and he often has students wait-listed for open time slots, he asks that 24 hours noticed be given if a student wishes to reschedule or cancel a previously scheduled lesson. Any lessons that are cancelled without the required 24 hours notice are charged at the usual rate.
Dr. Donnelly is happy to refund any unused lessons from any pre-purchased package of lessons that may be left over at the end of the course.
Dr. Donnelly's teaching schedule does tend to fill up rather quickly but, if time permits, he is always willing to meet with prospective new students to discuss their particular needs and to determine the right plan of action for them to achieve their academic goals. During this complimentary initial consultation, you will also get to see Dr. Donnelly's tutoring skills in action.
Based on the initial assessment, Dr. Donnelly will be able to advise you on the correct number of hours of tutoring that you will probably need in order to reach your target test score. If you decide that Dr. Donnelly is the right tutor for you, he will then work with you to help you to plan your entire test prep time-table and set up a regular tutoring schedule.
The vast majority of Dr. Donnelly's new students are so happy with their initial consultation that they are very keen to start lessons immediately. In fact, many even request that their first full tutoring lesson begin straight after their initial consultation. This can certainly be arranged if Dr. Donnelly's teaching schedule for that day permits.
Contact Dr. Donnelly today at (917) 568 2473 to arrange your initial complimentary meeting.
To learn more please contact Dr. Donnelly at